Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Why should I get my teeth checked? They don't hurt!

Another popular question I hear around town and from my friends is the following:  Why should I get my teeth checked?  They don't hurt!  Great question.  Here are some answers.
1.  Teeth do not have to hurt to have underlying problems.
2.  Check-ups prevent small problems from becoming larger expensive problem (example: a small cavity needing a simple filling vs. a large undiagnosed cavity that had not been hurting becoming a root canal or an extraction).
3.  Gum disease can be prevented and helps to control your body's total health.
4.  We will screen for oral lesions that could be precancerous or cancerous (especially important in people with history of tobacco use and alcohol use).
5.  Everyone loves a healthy mouth and as the old adage states "an ounce of prevention beats a pound of cure."

Remember, we are always accepting new patients and look forward to seeing you all.
Thanks,
Dr. Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment